The MPD2 Series is a product of more than six years of detailed customer research and user feedback. We asked what you wanted and listened closely to what you told us to create the most capable and user-friendly line of pad controllers Akai Professional has developed to date.
The MPD218’s 16 new, ultra-sensitive Thick Fat MPC pads, create a responsive user experience. It also has an expanded control set of six knobs in three banks versus one control on the previous MPD18 model. This will enable you to maximize your sound and give you increased control over effects.
MIDI information is sent over its plug-and-play USB interface for use on Mac or PC, eliminating the need to install any drivers. The USB connection powers the MPD218, so the included USB cable is all you need.
Our MPD2 Series marks an important evolution of the pad controller. Many years of research and customer feedback has led directly to some of the most capable pad controllers we’ve ever developed. These MPDs are the perfect bridge between your creativity and your computer-based studio.
- (16) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, red-backlit
- (3) banks accessible via Pad Bank button
- (6) 360° assignable potentiometers
- (3) banks accessible via Control Bank button
- Buttons: 6 buttons
- (1) USB port
- (1) Kensington lock
- Power: via USB connection
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 9.4” x 7.9” x 1.6”
- Weight: 1.65 lbs.
Key Features & Specifications:
- 16 x Thick Fat Backlit MPC Pads
- 6 x Assignable 360° Potentiometers
- Note-Repeat Button
- Full-Level Mode
- USB-MIDI Connection and Power
- Kensington Lock Slot
- Software Package Included