Door & Gate Opening Control
The 8061 SIP Relay Controller provides door opening control exclusively for the Algo 8036, 8039 and 8201 intercoms. It cannot be deployed as a stand alone device for door control. This IP relay controller serves as a bridge between the Algo intercom and peripheral hardware such as door strikes and alarm / access control systems.
Door control functions and configurations are managed via a web interface and include:
- Access control by either entering a door open code via the intercom keypad (e.g., 8036 or 8039), or by dialing a code on the telephone / device receiving the intercom call.
- The 8061 can be located in a secure location inside the building to prevent access or tampering via the public facing intercom station. Note: A door control relay located within the intercom itself has the potential to be compromised, and thus presents a significant security issue. To address this concern, the 8061 is located inside a building or in a secure location.
SIP Interface for a Call Button or Accessory
Up to four 1202 Call Buttons, or any accessory that provides a contact closure, can be interfaced to the 8061 SIP Relay Controller. When the 8061 relay input is activated from a button press, for example, the 8061 will dial a configured target extension and play a WAV file when the telephone is answered. Alternatively, the relay input can be configured to play the WAV file via its audio output jack. A unique WAV file can be associated with each relay input on the 8061. The WAV file is stored in device memory. Only a single button press can be handled by the 8061 at a time. Note: The Algo 1203 Call Switch is not supported on the 8061.
To sum up, the 8061 is an IP relay controller for intercom / doorphone applications, in addition to customer service and emergency notification alerting. The endpoint is powered via PoE (IEEE 802.3af) and is CSA/UL, FCC and CE certified.
Benefits of the PoE Algo IP Relay Controller
- Network managed and supervised SIP endpoint.
- Seamless relay activation for Algo intercoms / doorphones using DTMF via telephone or intercom keypad for secure door or gate entry.
- Button or relay accessory interface to a VoIP telephone system for customer service and emergency notification applications.
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af) for plug and play network connectivity.