Designed to bring the signature Allen & Heath sensibility to a compact and portable frame, the ZEDi-10
is a six-channel compact mixer that doubles as a USB interface.
mixer side, you get four XLR inputs, four line inputs, two instrument
ports, and two pairs of stereo line inputs. Utilize this unit’s digital
capabilities and you’ll find yourself with four channels of
conversion—analog-to-digital or vice-versa. Thus, you’ll find the
ZEDi-10 equally suited for live-mixing in small venues and for tracking
instruments on the fly.
Should you choose use the unit as an
interface, you’ll find that it comes with Cubase LE, a digital audio
workstation which enables you to record, sequence, and edit music, be it
audio or MIDI.
In the analog realm, the ZEDi-10 is crafted with
preamps modeled on the Allen & Heath GS2-R24. These channel strips
aim to provide warmth, low noise, and a vast expanse of headroom.
On-board EQs also come standard with the unit. Two channels feature a
button that converts line-level signal into high-impedance jacks,
meaning guitar players need not lug an extra DI box around should they
wish to go direct into the board.
Turning your attention back to
the digital side of things, you’ll notice that a USB switch controls the
routing of your USB output, enabling you to select how you route and
separate the incoming analog signals into your DAW.
- Key Features
- USB audio interface (24-bit/96 kHz)
- Cubase LE software included
- Cubasis LE App included
- 4x mic/line Inputs with separate XLR and TRS jack sockets
- 2x stereo inputs with TRS jack sockets
- 2x guitar DI high-impedance inputs, eliminating the need for DI boxes
- 4x high-pass filters (channels 1 through 4) for cleaning up unwanted low-frequency noise
- 3-band EQ on channels 1 through 4 enable tonal shaping
- 60mm smooth-travel fader on main mix
- 2x XLR main outputs
- 2x RCA monitor outputs
- 8x LED signal metering
- 48V Phantom Power for condenser mics
- Internal power supply