Designed to bring the signature Allen & Heath sensibility to a compact and portable frame, the ZEDi-8
is a four-channel mixer that doubles as a USB interface. On the mixer
side, you get two XLR inputs, two line/instrument inputs, and two pairs
of stereo line inputs. Utilize this unit’s digital capabilities and
you’ll find yourself with two channels of conversion—analog-to-digital
or vice-versa. Thus, you’ll find the ZEDi-8 equally suited for
live-mixing in small venues and for tracking instruments on the fly.
Should you choose use the unit as an interface, you’ll find that it
comes with Cubase LE, a digital audio workstation which enables you to
record, sequence, and edit music, be it audio or MIDI.
analog realm, the ZEDi-8 is crafted with preamps modeled on the Allen
& Heath GS2-R24. These channel strips aim to provide warmth, low
noise, and a vast expanse of headroom. On-board EQs also come standard
with the unit. Two channels feature a button that converts line-level
signal into high-impedance jacks, meaning guitar players need not lug an
extra DI box around should they wish to go direct into the board.
Turning your attention back to the digital side of things, you’ll
notice that a USB switch controls the routing of your USB output,
enabling you to select how you route and separate the incoming analog
signals into your DAW.
- USB audio interface (24-bit/96 kHz)
- Cubase LE software included
- Cubasis LE App included
- 2x mic/line Inputs with separate XLR and TRS jack sockets
- 2x stereo inputs with TRS jack sockets
- 2x guitar DI high-impedance inputs, eliminating the need for DI boxes
- 2x high-pass filters (channels 1 and 2) for cleaning up unwanted low-frequency noise
- 2-band EQ on channels 1 through 4 enable tonal shaping
- 60mm smooth-travel fader on main mix
- 2x XLR main outputs
- 8x LED signal metering
- 48V Phantom Power for condenser mics
- Internal power supply