The Glidecam Tru-Horizon is a motorized gimbal designed to attach to handheld stabilizers, such as the Glidecam Devin Graham Signature Series or a Steadicam, and to keep the camera horizontal no matter how you move the stabilizer.
The Tru-Horizon controls your camera’s roll axis. For example, swing the stabilizer to the left or right and the camera will maintain its horizontal position throughout all the motion.
You can move the camera from low mode to high mode and back in a single fluid, cinematic shot while keeping it level horizontally. You can even rotate the stabilizer a full 360°, and the camera will keep its position the entire time. A built-in slip-ring allows 360° rotations of the motor without twisting wires.
The Tru-Horizon’s motor works with position feedback, encoders, and an IMU sensor to communicate with a custom 32-bit controller. Combining the accuracy of the sensor with the speed of the controller provides for stable video in all three axes with .02° of accuracy.
Additional Item Specs:
- – Load Weight: 1-5 lbs. (.45 to 2.26 kg.)
- – Angular Vibration Range: ±0.02°
- – Roll Axis Control: 360°/s
- – Motor Type: 1 x Brushless with factory pre-programmed AS5600 (I2C) Encoder
- – Processing: 32-bit processor
- – System Requirements: Windows: 32- or 64-bit
- – Supported Camera Dimensions:
- – Max Dimensions: 8″ width, 12″ length, and 6″ height.
- – No more than 4″ of clearance from the back of the camera to the mounting hole.
- – Power Requirements: 1x BP-U30 Battery (Included)
- – Operating Temperature: 15 to 105°F (sensor performs best when not below freezing, 32 degrees F.)
- – Built-in slip-ring allowing 360-degree rotations of the motor without twisting wires