The Canon EOS M50 is a compact interchangeable lens camera for aspiring photographers looking for an easy way to boost the quality of their photos and videos. With clear, high-resolution 4K UHD 24p video, you can capture the incredible details and cinematic moments of your life at home or wherever your adventures take you.
Snap vibrant, eye-catching photos with a 24.1 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS Sensor using the built-in Electronic Viewfinder or Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD. Thanks to the fast and improved Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus system, you can quickly lock focus on your subject to make sure you don’t miss the action. See how the EOS M50 can easily deliver the high-quality photos and videos you’ve always imagined.
Whether you’re looking for super sharp images thanks to improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF, the brilliance of 4K and Full HD video, or the quality and flexibility of Canon’s EF-M lenses, the compact Canon EOS-M50 has everything you need to take your photo and video needs further.
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Eye Detection AF.
The EOS M50 delivers improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast, accurate autofocus that helps you get the photo you want right as the moment happens. When used with the EF-M 15–45mm f/3.5–6.3 IS STM lens, the autofocus area includes up to 99 AF points within an 80% x 80% range, and can be expanded up to 143 AF points to cover an image area of approx. 88% horizontal by 100% vertical when combined with select compatible lenses. The new Eye Detection AF analyzes the image and automatically determines where to focus based on your subject’s eyes, helping to ensure a treasured headshot or once-in-a-lifetime moment with your best friend is captured in sharp detail.
- 24.1 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS Sensor with ISO 100–25600 (H: 51200).
The EOS M50 camera features a 24.1 Megapixel (APS-C) sensor capable of capturing high-resolution image and video files. At 24.1 Megapixels, the EOS M50’s sensor delivers images suitable for enlargements with sufficient resolution for significant cropping. Whether making poster-sized prints, zooming in on a particular detail or making beautiful 4K videos, the EOS M50’s sensor is up to the task. An ISO range of 100–25600 (H:51200) means images can be captured with low noise and high detail, even in dimly lit situations.
- 4K UHD* 24p and HD 120p** for Slow Motion.
Many new televisions feature 4K Ultra HD resolution, which delivers far greater detail than HDTV. The EOS M50 camera can record in 4K UHD* at 24 frames per second, which gives your videos a cinematic look similar to most movies and TV shows. To showcase your epic and special moments, a high-speed 120p** mode is possible in HD. When shown at normal speed, this creates a slow-motion effect that can highlight fast action like sports or even delicate moments like the wind through someone’s hair. 4K frame cropping lets you select a portion of the 4K video frame you’ve captured and create a high-resolution still image, all in-camera.Built-in OLED EVF*** with Touch and Drag AF.
In certain situations, like a bright sunny day, a viewfinder is preferable to a screen. The built-in high-resolution electronic viewfinder*** on the EOS M50 camera features approximately 2,360,000 dots so you can see high amounts of detail in what you’re capturing. Its Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) technology offers high-contrast, high-color images that can help properly display the scene you want to capture. Touch and Drag AF lets you use the rear screen as a touchpad while you’re using the viewfinder, so you can choose what you want the camera to focus on with just a tap of your finger and without moving the camera away from your face.
- EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
- Included with the camera body is the versatile standard zoom EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, which provides a 24-72mm equivalent focal length range. Three aspherical elements help to control chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range and an optimized lens placement works to reduce flare and ghosting. An Optical Image Stabilizer works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting and an STM stepping motor provides fast, smooth, and near-silent autofocus performance.
- EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
- Also included in the kit is the telephoto zoom EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM lens, which provides an 88-320mm equivalent focal length range. One aspherical element and one Ultra Low Dispersion (UD) element help to reduce aberrations throughout the long zoom range and an Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake by 3.5 stops to benefit working with slower shutter speeds. Additionally, an STM stepping motor delivers quick, quiet, and smooth autofocus to suit both stills shooting and video recording applications.